The Wind of Change
Text: Exodus 14: 10-22; Acts 2: 1-7.
The divine the wind will blow in your favour in Jesus Name!
Brethren we have waited on God for one hundred days; the question we need to ask ourselves is, what should our experience be after this period? I recommend for you and I that the wind of change will blow in our direction and in our favour in Jesus name!
The wind is a tendency or force that influences events. When the wind blows, events take shape; things happen. The wind is an indication of potential opportunity, the wind can act as a reset button causing everything to stand still and begin afresh. I pray that all things that have been working against you will begin to work in your favour. Your waiting on God for 100 days will not be in vain.
Features of the Wind
· The wind cannot be predicted: John 3:8 says “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and wither it goeth.
· The wind cannot be trapped or imprisoned: You might make an attempt to catch or trap the wind in your hands, you may even have a feeling that you caught something but by the time you open your hands, you will discover that the wind cannot be trapped. In Acts 12:5-11; when Herod arrested Peter and he was kept in the prison, the Bible said that prayers were being made for him and suddenly the wind blew and the Angel came to deliver Peter. When he got to the outer gates of the city that was when he realized that his deliverance had actually come. That is why I am saying to someone today; it doesn’t matter the number of years you have been in that situation, the wind of change will blow to release you this day in the name of Jesus.
· The wind is unstoppable! Brethren whatsoever you see after this hundred days, you will posses. God said to Abraham in Genesis 13:14, look northward, look southward, look eastward and westward; whatsoever you see I will give to you. That will be our portion henceforth in the name of Jesus Christ.
· The wind is a vector quantity having speed and direction: These are the features of the wind. Are you confused, it is time for you to begin to have direction; is something slowing you down, please note that the wind is known for speed. I experienced it sometime ago and I discover that the wind can actually move at a speed of 50Km/hr. it is like a moving car, nobody stands before it and survive ; so you are unstoppable in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
Biblical Examples and Results of the Wind of Change
1. The Red Sea Experience in Exodus 14: 20-22: The children of Israel left the land of Egypt, they looked back and saw the Egyptians pursuing them and they looked forward and saw the Red Sea starring them in the face and they cried to Moses saying why is it that you took us this far only to kill us. You should have left us in Egypt, to die there. Then God said to Moses, tell the children of Israel to move forward. If you remember vividly that was the voice of God to us at the beginning of this year on the 31st of December, 2013 at the pass over night, God said to us to “move forward”. It is time for us to move forward and whether the devil likes it or not, you are moving forward in the name of our Lord Jesus! The East wind blew on their behalf; it was not the hand of Moses that parted the Red sea, when you consider the account well. Moses only stretched his hands as a symbol because God had commanded it. But the East wind came from God and blew the sea apart. What were the results?
a. There emerged a way where there seemed to be no way. When the wind blows, God will make a way for you martially, in your business, God will make a way for you.
b. They saw the bottom of the sea. Something they had never seen nor experienced before, they saw it. I am repeating this for the third time within this season, two men of God have come up here (TLC) to say it and God has laid it on my heart to say it “that when you lay an ax upon the stem of a tree, there is every propensity that the tree will come back to life; but when the ax is laid on the root, that announces the death of that tree.” In the name that is above all names, every generational problem that has been troubling you, the ax is laid on the root this day. Because the children of Israel saw the root of the sea, you will see the end of your problem, in the mighty name of Jesus!
c. Generational problem of Israel was removed. They were able for the very first time in 430 years to say ‘VICTORY AT LAST!’ For 430 years, they had been under servitude, under slavery, living under oppression and for the very first time; when the wind blew, they sang the song of victory. Someone will sing the song of victory in the name of Jesus!
2. The book of Numbers 11:31 when the quails were brought by the wind to make provision for the children of Israel. They had complained that their diet was manna and manna alone while where they were coming from their meals comprised cucumber and all manners of food and God said “it is ok, if you want to eat meat I will provide meat for you”. And the Bible says that God commanded the wind and the wind blew to provide quails for the children of Israel. When I looked at quails in the dictionary, I discovered that it is a game bird, and the bible says that they came from the sea. It is amazing, for this purpose they came from the sea to meet the needs of the children of Israel, but there is a caveat there. After eating and eating and the meat were coming out of their nostril, God struck! I pray that your desires will be according to the will of God!! You will not hunger after that which will kill you in the mighty name of our Lord Jesus Christ! Most importantly, note that their desires were satisfied after he wind blew. The wind will blow and your desires shall be met in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. The book of Acts2:1-4 and that was the day of Pentecost: When all the apostles were in the same place in one accord, the Bible says ‘…there was a sound like a mighty rushing wind…’ and that gave birth to what is called Christianity today. It gave birth to what is called the church today. The result is:
a. When the wind blows, a new dispensation is about to be birth. I don’t know what that new dispensation means to you, but a new dispensation means to me a new chapter, God is going to re-write somebody’s history in Jesus name!
b. When the wind blew, the desire to witness Christ was also birthed. For example, Peter that was hitherto fidgeting, suddenly came and he began to minister from one nation to the other. Brethren, do we realize that it pains God when we don’t talk to people about Christ? I was at a forum recently and the man who was the chairman at the occasion said ‘There are some prayers I don’t pray and one of it is: Let God arise and his enemies be scattered! The reason being that I don’t evangelize; and I know that for not evangelizing, I am an enemy of God’ he said. Brethren your story must be different. The wind will blow and you will go out there to witness Christ to others in the name of Jesus Christ.
c. When the wind blew in the early church fear gripped the church. The couple told a lie to the man of God paid dearly for it and fear griped the church and everyone was living in holiness. After these 100 days, we cannot afford to toy with sin again, we can’t afford to live our lives anyhow and expect grace to abound towards us. I pray that the wind will not blow you in a negative way in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
d. When the wind blew in the early church, miracles, signs and wonders were common place. Our father in the Lord prayed for us a few months ago saying we should give thanks to God and also pray as those Bible stories are beginning to repeat itself. I pray that all those things we read in the Bible, we will begin to experience them: the miracle of healing, deliverance, break through that we read in the Bible, we will begin to experience them because the wind is about to blow in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Ezekiel 37: 1-10: The Valley of Dry Bones. God took the prophet to the valley, whom having seen the dry bones, God asked him ‘Can these bones live?’ and he said ‘ Thou knoweth it Lord.’ and God said to him ‘Prophesy to the bones.’ He did and sinew began to come upon the bones and flesh began to cover the bones. Suddenly he realized that these are life-less human beings and God said again ‘Prophesy’ unto these lifeless human beings and at the end of the day, a great army arose.
a. When the wind blows, God will give power to the word of a man: Some of us underestimate ourselves. Your word will begin to carry weight in the name of Jesus Christ. I can hear the voice of God saying to me that parents should be careful of what they say to their children because beginning from this moment, your words will begin to carry weight in the mighty name of Jesus.
b. Dry bones came back to life. What is that thing that is considered a dry bone in your life, if it took place in the life and time of Ezekiel, it is going to take place in your own time. Destinies that were wasting away were recovered. Dry bones suddenly became an extremely great army; I see destinies being recovered this day in the name of our Lord Jesus.
There are things we must put in place. You and I need to change: we all know the areas that we need to change; you know the areas that you call your inadequacies. You need to take an extra journey of having the willingness to effect these changes. If you want to change, you must also make a conscious effort to effect these changes. Newton’s first law says “Everything remains in a state of rest until another force, a heavier force comes in”, so we need to make attempt to make these changes. What are these areas of changes?
1. Your relationship with God: We need to cultivate the habit of doing the will of God. There are many Christians that cannot be trusted, many of whom lack integrity or character. We need to change. We need to strive constantly to hear from God. Our spiritual lives must also change. Don’t allow anybody to deceive you; if anybody says he hears from God, you can also hear from God if you discipline yourself, you don’t need to move from one prophet to the other.
2. Total obedience is of essence: The disciples tarried just the way they were instructed to tarry; the Israelites moved forward just the way they were instructed to move forward; our obedience must be total for the wind of change to blow effectively.
3. We must have expectations. All the categories of people mentioned earlier had expectation. What are you expecting from God?
The wind also has destructive potentials particularly to those who can be considered not to be on the Lord’s side. In Acts 27:24 there was an evil wind that blew the ship, but because Apostle Paul was on the side of the Lord he said “God has spoken to me through His angel that no lives would be lost in this journey”. Are you on the lord’s side? Pray that the wind of change blows favorably in your direction.╦
You are welcome to your month of “GRACE AMAZING”.