The best customer service professionals are those that have shown the abilities and skills to break through the customers' walls of pain and frustration; in conveying vital information calmly and confidently. Thus, getting out solutions for the customers and restoring their confidence.
According to Judi Moreo, these professionals have taken charge of the customers' situations by adopting the following basic skills;
1. Having the right attitude; Think of the difficult customer as a challenge that you must overcome.
2. Let the customers Vent; Listen to them consciously and remember that they are angry because there is a problem. Thus, letting them vent their anger and empathizing with them saves time on the long run.
3. Use the right Verbiage; choose your words as if you are being trained in a ""verbal judo". Use words like; "Thank you for bringing this to my attention", "I am sorry this happened to you", "Thank you for listening to me", "Here's what I can do". Thus using the wrong words is like adding fuel to a burning bush.
4. Tell the customers what you are going to do; in order to resolve their issues.
5. Take action to fix the problem. Most times, we promise to resolve issues for our customers and do not live up to the expectations. However, it is a good culture to deliver on our promises. Even if we are not responsible for sorting the issue, it is wise to bring the problem to the attention of the relevant department and follow up on the solution.
6. Follow-up with the customer; Even when the issue is resolved, it is ideal to relate and get feedback from the customer. This will open opportunities for new business; as we have shown that we value them by resolving their problem.
Food for thoughts; How many angry customers have you been able to ameliorate?╦